Please select your location to view information that is specific to you.
Public Liability Claims
The most satisfying aspect of his practice in public liability, says Barrie Woollacott, is the opportunity to help improve lives adversely affected by injury or illness and the diversity of the people he represents.
Empathetic, understanding, compassionate and determined, Barrie acts for anyone, from young children to the elderly, injured as a result of another’s negligence, from slips and trips in public places to aircraft and sporting accidents, physical assaults and incidents involving animals.
By his own admission he loves his job and he says that nothing beats the reward that comes from achieving a good result that delivers fair compensation to a deserving client.
Barrie graduated from Monash University in 1986 and, persuaded by Slater and Gordon’s “commitment to helping people, their willingness to take calculated risks and to push boundaries to benefit all clients,” began working at the firm in 1996.
- Accredited Specialist, Personal Injury (Law Institute of Victoria)
- Public Liability and Product Liability law
- Slater and Gordon, since 1996, lawyer
- 1991-1996 Nicholas O’Donohue and Co (lawyer)
- 1990-1991 Brian Ward and Partners (lawyer)
- 1987-1990 Maurice Blackburn and Co (lawyer)
Memberships and associations
- Law Institute of Victoria
- Australian Lawyers Association
Professional qualifications and admissions
- 1999 Accredited Specialist, Personal Injury, Law Institute of Victoria
- 1987 Admitted, Supreme Court of Victoria
- 1986 Bachelor of Laws, Monash University
- 1983 Bachelor of Arts (Honours), Monash University
“A big thankyou for all the effort you put in on my behalf, the advice and encouragement was, and is greatly appreciated, it has given me closure, and I can now go forward, and make the most of what the future holds.”
“Many thanks to you, for all your hard work and support. The cheque is nice too!!”
“I thank you for fighting on my behalf and of the satisfaction of getting a result. Your advice and professionalism was always very helpful to me as was your always gentle manner…I would not hesitate to use Slater and Gordon again in the future.”