Medical Negligence, Associate
Awash is an Associate in the Medical Negligence team at Slater and Gordon. Having had broad litigation practice including a stint as in-house counsel for an international airline, Awash brings a unique set of skills to each and every case.
Awash now practices exclusively as a medical negligence lawyer with skills and expertise in running complex litigation in all areas of healthcare such as surgical errors including neurosurgery and orthopaedics, misdiagnosis and delayed diagnosis cases, emergency department error, dental cases and catastrophically injured patients.
Awash’s approach to practice is simple; to bring exceptional legal skills and superior service to everyday Australians.
Driven and motivated to pursue his client’s interests, Awash is a relentless and passionate litigator with a core philosophy that the client is priority and their story must be heard.
In addition to his practice, Awash also writes on topical medical negligence cases and issues.
- surgical errors including neurosurgery and orthopaedics
- misdiagnosis and delayed diagnosis cases
- emergency department errors
- dental cases
- catastrophically injured patients.
Professional Qualification and Admissions
- 2013 Admitted to the Supreme Court of Victoria
- 2008 Admitted to the High Court of Fiji
- 2008 Post Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice
- 2007 Bachelor of Laws
- 2016 Slater and Gordon, Associate
- 2014 Goodman Group Lawyers, Senior Lawyer
- 2012 Fiji Airways, In-house Counsel
- 2008-2012 International Practice, Litigation Lawyer
Memberships and Associations
- Law Institute of Victoria