Please select your location to view information that is specific to you.
Superannuation Insurance Litigation
Annemarie is highly regarded in the areas of insurance and dispute resolution and is often called upon to provide commentary on various issues. Her expertise has led recently to two speaking engagements at international conferences.
She has acted for both insureds and several of Australia’s major insurers in most areas of insurance claims advice and litigation, including complex fraudulent non-disclosure cases, indemnity disputes, motor vehicle property damage matters, home insurance, arson and fire claims, product liability, public liability and travel insurance disputes.
In the life insurance sector, Annemarie specialises in disability claims involving total and permanent disablement, income protection, trauma and terminal illness claims.
Annemarie also has many years of experience in commercial litigation acting for individuals and small to medium sized businesses in contractual disputes, negligence cases and insolvency.
She has handled matters in all Victorian Courts, the Victorian Civil and Administrative Tribunal, the Federal Court of Australia, the Financial Ombudsman Service, the Superannuation Complaints Tribunal, the Appeal Costs Board and various interstate courts.
In addition to Annemarie’s extensive litigation experience, she has also worked inhouse for a major infrastructure company providing advice on risk management, policy interpretation and drafting of policy wordings.
In her work, Annemarie sees herself as a relentless and passionate advocate for her clients.
- Insurance advice and disputes
- Contractual disputes
- Negligence claims
- Since May 2010 Slater and Gordon (Principal Lawyer)
- 2009-2010 Downer EDI Works (Insurance Specialist)
- 2003-2009 Mason Black Lawyers (Legal Services Manager)
- 1996-2003 Mendelsons Lawyers (Lawyer)
- 1992 Gambera and Associates (Principal)
- 1989-1990 Cornwall Stodart (Articled Clerk / Junior Lawyer)
Professional qualifications and admissions
- 1990 Admitted Supreme Court of Victoria
- 1990 Admitted High Court of Australia
- 1988 Bachelor of Laws, Monash University
- 1981 Graduate Diploma in Education, Mercy College, Melbourne
- 1979 Bachelor of Economics, Monash University
Memberships and associations
- Law Institute of Victoria
- Australian Insurance Law Association
- Animal Law Institute
- Australian Italian Lawyers Association
- Northern Suburban Law Association
March 1990 “Articled clerks en garde” (Law Institute Journal)
Annemarie migrated to Australia from the south of Italy with her parents in the early 1960s, settling in the western suburbs of Melbourne. Like many migrant families, Annemarie’s parents worked diligently in labour intensive occupations, to provide opportunities for their family.
Today Annemarie continues to take great pride in her Italian heritage through her strong family ties and association with everything Italian, including regular attendance at Italian Chamber of Commerce and Industry functions, language classes, her interest in the newly formed Sicilian Association of Australia and in everything “Italianicious”.