Please select your location to view information that is specific to you.
Family Law, Principal Lawyer
Angela is a Principal Lawyer at our Birtinya office and has over 10 years’ experience in the legal industry. She has been practising exclusively in Family Law since her admission in 2004.
Angela’s broad range of experience in Family Law provides her with the opportunity to take on parenting disputes, marital and de facto property settlements, pre-nuptial agreements, child protection, divorce, spousal maintenance, child support, and domestic violence.
Angela appreciates being able to help people come through a very difficult and often challenging stage of their life, and offers a variety of skills, knowledge and strategies to help parties move out of that difficult, challenging stage and into a future which offers clarity and certainty.
Angela enjoys exploring options with clients, including unique options particular to the case, that help meet not only their own ends, but more broadly the important long term outcomes which are important for the welfare of any children involved.
She is particularly skilled with negotiating settlements that have properly weighed up and balanced the potential future outcomes of ongoing proceedings, with the costs (including emotional costs) of long term conflict and court proceedings. On the other hand she does not shy away from court proceedings where necessary and appropriate to the needs of her client, and will relentlessly pursue the right outcome for her client, where the justice of the case requires.
- Parenting disputes
- Marital and de facto property settlements
- Binding financial agreements (pre-nuptial, cohabitation and post separation)
- Child protection
- Spousal maintenance
- Child support
- Domestic violence
- Same sex relationship breakdown issues (all of the above)
- since 2014 Slater and Gordon (Principal Lawyer)
- 2008 – 2014 Schultz Toomey O’Brien (Senior Associate)
- 2006 – 2008 Schultz Toomey O’Brien (Employed Solicitor)
- 2005 – 2006 Kruger Law (Employed Solicitor)
- 2004 – 2005 Butler, McDermott & Egan (Employed Solicitor)
- 2002 – 2004 Butler, McDermott & Egan (Articled Clerk)
Professional Qualifications and Admissions
- 2011 Accredited Specialist, Family Law, Queensland Law Society
- 2004 Admitted, High Court of Australia
- 2004 Admitted, Supreme Court of Queensland
- 2003 Bachelor of Laws, Queensland University of Technology, Brisbane
- 2003 Bachelor of Business (Economics), Queensland University of Technology, Brisbane
Memberships and Associations
- Family Law Practitioners’ Association (Queensland)
- Family Law Section, Law Council of Australia
- Queensland Law Society