Commercial & Project Litigation Claims, Principal Lawyer
Andy's clients range from individuals looking to recover a debt through to sole traders, SMEs or large institutions locked in complex commercial disputes.
Andy's diverse practice includes advising clients in relation to competition law litigation, insolvency and intellectual property, and he has acted for farmers and rural and regional businesses in a wide range of matters.
"I enjoy the opportunity to represent a broad spectrum of clients, and to offer a service that delivers not just the right result, but peace of mind as well."
Andy also has expertise in estate litigation, representing clients in disputes involving contested wills and testamentary capacity.
Andy graduated from the University of Waikato in New Zealand in 1995 and first began working at Slater and Gordon in 2001.
Andy is accredited by the NSW Law Society as a specialist in the field of commercial litigation.
- Major projects
- Class actions - Federal Court and NSW Supreme Court
- Contract disputes
- Business disputes
- Corporations Law
- Competition and consumer disputes
- Trade mark disputes
- Boundary disputes
- Small claims / debt recovery
- Rural and farming litigation
- Estate disputes (contested wills; testamentary capacity)
- Slater and Gordon since 2001 (principal lawyer)
- 2004-2005 Kirby Simcox (Bristol, UK; lawyer)
- 2014 Notary Public
- 2008 Accredited Specialist in Commercial Litigation
- 2006 Admitted, High Court of Australia
- 2005 Admitted, Supreme Court of England and Wales
- 2002 Admitted, Supreme Court of New South Wales
- 2002 Graduate Diploma Legal Practice, College of Law, Sydney
- 1995 Bachelor of Laws, University of Waikato, NZ
Memberships and Associations
- New South Wales Law Society
- City of Sydney Law Society
- Amnesty International
- Director & Company Secretary, Coffs Harbour Regional Conservatorium Limited.