Please select your location to view information that is specific to you.
Superannuation and Insurance, Practice Group Leader
Andrew runs Slater and Gordon’s superannuation and insurance practice in Victoria, New South Wales and Queensland. He represents people making claims for disability insurance benefits, including TPD and income protection benefits.
During his career spanning more than a decade Andrew has appeared in courts and tribunals across Australia. Andrew takes a particular interest in complex insurance cases, including cases of alleged non-disclosure and insurance fraud, as well as new and unusual cases. He ran the first cases in Australia where an employer that did not pay compulsory 9% super contributions was sued for lost disability insurance benefits.
In 2008 Andrew represented the family of deceased miner Larry Knight in the coroner’s inquest into the Beaconsfield Mine collapse in Tasmania.
- Disability claims (TPD, income protection, trauma)
- Non-disclosure and insurance fraud cases
- Superannuation disputes
Professional Qualification and Admissions
- 2006 Admitted, Supreme Court of Victoria
- 2002 Admitted, Supreme Court of South Australia, High Court of Australia
- 2002 Bachelor of Laws (Hons), Flinders University, Adelaide
- Since 2013 Slater and Gordon (Practice Group Leader)
- 2006 – 2013 Maurice Blackburn Lawyers, Melbourne (Associate)
- 2002 – 2006 Lieschke and Weatherill Lawyers, Adelaide
Memberships and Associations
Law Institute of Victoria