Public Liability, Principal Lawyer
Alvin Achariya is a Principal Lawyer in the Public Liability practice group and Principal responsible for the Public Liability practice group in Dandenong. His legal career spans over 15 years with expertise in personal injury law.
Previously he was a partner at Nowicki Carbobe where he acted for plaintiffs in the conduct of public liability, product liability and complex common law damages proceedings. Prior to that he acted for the Victorian WorkCover Authority in Section 138 recovery proceedings against negligent third parties. He has also acted for a municipal council in the defence of public liability proceedings.
Alvin was also a former member of the in-house legal team (Dispute Management Practice) at Victorian WorkCover Authority where he acted on behalf of employers in the defence both common law and statutory benefits claims brought on by injured workers.
Early in his career he acted for clients both in New South Wales and Victoria in relation to a wide variety of personal injury matters, which included WorkCover, transport accident, total and permanent disablement claims, victims of crime, public liability and common law matters.
Alvin is passionate about obtaining the best possible results for his clients whilst employing a practical and realistic approach in his dealings. Alvin is highly regarded for his people skills and prides himself on being able to quickly establish and maintain a great working relationship with his clients and stakeholders. He stands out as a people person.
- Public Liability
- Product Liability
- Common Law Damages
- Section 138 recovery
- Personal Injury
Professional Qualifications and Admissions
- Bachelor of Laws (University of Western Sydney) 2000
- College of Law, Sydney (Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice) 2000
- Admitted as a Solicitor in 2000
- December 2012 to June 2016 Partner Nowicki
- December 2006 to November 2012 Senior Associate Russell Kennedy
- June 2006 to December 2006 Legal Counsel Victorian WorkCover Authority
- September 2004 to April 2006 Solicitor Constable Connor & Co
- October 2000 to August 2006 Solicitor at plaintiff firms in Sydney and regional NSW
Memberships and Associations
- The Law Institute of Victoria