Social Work Services, NSW & ACT Manager
Alexis Stonebridge has had more than a decade of experience as a social worker, helping people overcome adversity and achieving a better life for themselves and their families.
At Slater and Gordon she plays an important role in enabling clients to link with support services in their communities. Her greatest strength is her ability engage with and support people in a way that makes them feel heard and valued.
She strongly advocates that people, no matter what their situation, have some control in their lives, an ability to make decisions, and a right to be heard and understood.
‘I am inspired by people’s resilience, their ability to adapt and cope in the most challenging of circumstances,’ says Alexis. ‘It is important for people to be able to access the support they need when they are in crisis.’
- Crisis assessment
- Family and individual counselling
- Homelessness and drug and alcohol issues
- Mental Health
- Adolescent and family conflict
- Mediation/ conflict resolution
- Knowledge of community agencies.
- Since 2011 Slater and Gordon (Social Worker)
- 2001 – 2011 UnitingCare Burnside (Social worker/ caseworker)
Memberships and Associations
- AASW – Australian Association of Social Workers
- OSWA – Oncology Social Work Australia
- SWIBI – Social Workers In Brain Injury
- INSWABI- International Network of Social Workers in Acquired Brain Injury
- PCPG - Palliative Care Practice Group (convenor)
- SWID – Social Workers In Disability
- SWOG – Social Work Oncology Group NSW
- 2001 Bachelor of Social Work, University of Sydney