Criminal Law, Lawyer
Eliza is a solicitor advocate who advises and represents clients with matters in the Magistrates’ Court, County Court and Supreme Court of Victoria. She is a dedicated criminal defence lawyer with a passion for ensuring fairness, protecting the rights of all accused persons and in helping members of the community throughout the criminal justice process.
She has a keen interest in effecting positive change and defending human rights. Eliza has significant experience successfully representing clients in a broad range of criminal matters.
Eliza is the Secretary on the Committee for BottledSnail Productions which is a not-for-profit theatre company for members of the legal profession. She is also a member of the Law Institute of Victoria. Eliza joined Slater and Gordon’s Criminal Law practice as a lawyer in 2015. Prior to this, she worked at a boutique law firm in Victoria practising primarily in criminal law, as well as handling family law and commercial law matters.
Prior to commencing practice in Victoria, Eliza was a Senior Judges’ Associate in the District Court of South Australia. As an Associate, Eliza acquired a wealth of experience and knowledge in both the criminal and civil law jurisdictions, with an active involvement in trials, pleas and bail matters.
- Arrests and police interviews
- Bail applications
- Murder and manslaughter
- Assault and injury offences
- Breach of court orders
- Centrelink and other fraud
- Driving offences
- Drug offences
- Firearms offences
- Infringement matters
- Intervention orders
- Regulatory inquiries and investigations
- Robbery and theft
- Property offences
- Sexual offences
- Commonwealth offences
Professional Qualifications and Admissions
- 2012 Admission to Supreme Court of South Australia
- 2007-2011 Bachelor of Laws and Legal Practice, Flinders University
- 2007-2011 Bachelor of Arts, Flinders University
- Since 2015 Slater and Gordon Lawyers (Lawyer)
- 2014 – 2015 Defteros Lawyers (Lawyer)
- 2012 – 2014 District Court of South Australia (Judges’ Associate)
Memberships and Associations
- Member, Law Institute of Victoria
- Member, LIV Young Lawyers
- Secretary, BottledSnail Productions Inc