Please select your location to view information that is specific to you.
It is hard to believe that 2015 is coming to an end so rapidly. It has been incredibly busy as you will see in our first article. Some of you may have seen Slater and Gordon in the media recently in regard to the share price. I would like to take this opportunity to assure you that the share price has no bearing on the operation of our business. Slater and Gordon is continuing to operate as usual and we all continue to provide the best legal and social work services that we can to assist our clients as they move through the legal claims process. If any of you have any specific queries in regard to this, please do not hesitate to contact me.
I am very pleased to announce that we have another social worker joining our team. Maggie Poole will be commencing in our Brisbane office on the 18th January. Maggie brings with her extensive hospital experience across many areas and specialist knowledge in mental health and trauma. With the addition of Maggie to the team we will be able to provide an extensive social work service to our clients across Queensland. Maggie will also be coordinating our legal education program for Queensland which will enable us to better meet requests. Maggie will make contact with Queensland social workers when she starts.
In this edition:
- 2015: the year in review
- The Border Force Act and Implications for Healthcare Workers
- The Issue of Confidentiality for the Medical Records of Deceased Persons
- Mental Health and Insurance Discrimination
- Reasonable and Necessary Supports: the Health System and the Role of the NDIS
- Capacity in Health Care and the New Victorian Enduring Powers of Attorney Legislation
- Slater and Gordon Health Projects and Research Fund