Western Australia’s best allied health workers have been celebrated at the Rotary Allied Health Team Excellence Awards 2017, supported by Slater and Gordon Lawyers.
The ninth annual awards event held at Mt Lawley Golf Club last Tuesday, acknowledged the outstanding efforts made by individuals and teams across five key categories.
Senior Medical Negligence Lawyer Karina Hafford said she was honoured to attend the event, which recognised the health industry’s unsung heroes.
“Workers in the allied health services sector play a vital role in the lives of people who are badly injured, seriously ill and in need of significant care,” Ms Hafford said.
“Whether they’re occupational therapists, psychologists or social workers – allied health workers have a positive impact on their patients’ treatment and their work is acknowledged with these important awards.
“So it’s vitally important that we acknowledge the great work they do for patients across Western Australia every single day.”
The winner of the Overall Team of the Year award was the Derby Paediatric Multidisciplinary Clinic.
The clinic provides specialised health services to the families of children who are at high risk of complex developmental difficulties throughout the Derby region.
The other five finalists were:
- Excellence in Rural and Remote Practice – Derby Paediatric Multidisciplinary Clinic
- Excellence in Community and Primary Care – Building Collaborative Care with Community Services, Armadale Health Service
- Excellence in Innovative Practice – Graylands Innovative Practice Team
- Excellence in Teaching, Training and/or Research – Physiotherapy Clinical Enhancement Program Coordinators, Hollywood Private Hospital
- Working in Partnership – ‘Forget Me Not’ Volunteer Team, Royal Perth Bentley Group
The Rotary 2017 Allied Health Excellence Awards are presented by the Mount Lawley and West Perth Rotary clubs and, supported by the Chief Health Professions Office and Slater and Gordon Lawyers.
Slater and Gordon congratulates all of this year’s winners.