Seven Slater and Gordon lawyers from across the country have today been nominated as finalists for the Lawyers Weekly Australian Law Awards 2017.
Marko Eric (Victoria) has been nominated as Senior Associate of the Year while Heather McKinnon (NSW), Melinda Griffiths (NSW), Martin Rogalski (Queensland) and Rebekah Lovely (Queensland) have been nominated for Regional/Suburban Lawyer of the Year.
Serina Dowding and Rebecca Lanza – both from Victoria – were also nominated for Legal Support Professional of the Year.
- Marko Eric – based in Epping with a focus on Motor Vehicle Accident Law.
- Heather McKinnon – based in Coffs Harbour specialising in Family Law.
- Melinda Griffiths – based in Wollongong focusing on Motor Vehicle Accident Law.
- Martin Rogalski – based in Townsville specialising in Asbestos/Dust Disease Law.
- Rebekah Lovely – based in Shailer Park working in Motor Vehicle Accident Law.
- Serina Dowding – based in Melbourne supporting the Motor Vehicle Accident Law team.
- Rebecca Lanza – based in Melbourne supporting the Workers Compensation Law team.
The award winners will be announced on Friday 1 September during a black tie ceremony at The Star Sydney with more than 700 people expected to attend.
Slater and Gordon Chief Executive Officer Australia Hayden Stephens congratulated all seven nominees on the achievement citing hard work and a dedication to the firm’s values as keys to their individual acknowledgements.
Mr Stephens said each day all staff contributed to the success of the firm, ensuring and furthering Slater and Gordon’s strong reputation for putting the needs of its clients first.
“To have seven people nominated is an amazing testament to the work ethic and passion exhibited by everyone within the organisation,” Mr Stephens said.
“All seven have done everyone at Slater and Gordon extremely proud. We wish them all the best of luck on the night of the awards.”
The Australian Law Awards, now in their 17th year, recognise individual excellence in law, from the profession’s most senior ranks to its rising stars.
The awards also celebrate innovators in legal business that have challenged traditional models and found a better way to practice law.
Find out more information here.