Estate Planning, Asset Protection and Estate Litigation for Accountants
Date: Tuesday, 2 May 2017
Time: 5.30pm for 6.00pm start – 7.15pm (Light refreshments will be served)
Venue: Slater and Gordon, Ground Floor, 485 La Trobe Street, Melbourne
Rabia Javed, Senior Associate, Estate Planning, will provide an overview on a range of estate planning matters that will assist accountants advising clients, including:
- wills including testamentary discretionary trusts
- minimizing tax for beneficiaries upon death
- how structures established during one’s lifetime are dealt with upon death (family trusts, self-managed super funds)
- new enduring Power of Attorneys effective from 1 September 2015
- minimising disputes between families
- providing for and ensuring children from previous relationships are looked after in second marriages.
Bibi Amidzic, Practice Group Leader, Estate Litigation, will then provide the knowledge accountants need to:
- identify whether their client has a valid reason for contesting a will
- discover the process undertaken when contesting a will
- understand what entitlements and outcome your client may be entitled to receive.
Register your details below: