You’ll need to act quickly - you only have 21 days after you’ve been dismissed to lodge a claim
We can guide you through complex legal processes
Slater and Gordon's unfair dismissal lawyers have years of experience and can guide you through the often complex legal processes.
Unfair Dismissal / Adverse Action / Discrimination
Depending on your level of remuneration and whether you are covered by an award or enterprise agreement, you may be able to bring an unfair dismissal claim. Subject to the reasons for the termination, proposed termination or other action taken in relation to your employment, you may also be able to commence an adverse action claim, or make a discrimination complaint.
If your have been unfairly dismissed from work and your income is under $138,900 then our Online Unfair Dismissal tool is for you - it's easy to use and will determine if you are eligible to make a claim with us. Get Started Now
If your income is over $138,900 then visit executive dismissal to find out how out employment lawyers can help.
First, you tell us your story. You answer a short series of questions online that will help figure out whether you're eligible to file a claim for unfair dismissal. You’ll also be asked to upload some documents relating to your employment – for example, your contract, recent payslips, and your dismissal letter. Answering these questions won't take long at all; most people will be able to complete the process in less than 20 minutes.
Second, we assess your claim. A Slater and Gordon lawyer will review your information, and then have a complimentary 30-minute telephone consultation with you. This conversation will allow you to share your story in more detail, and make sure we know all the relevant facts to structure your claim to give it the best chance of success.
Finally, we send the final claim to you, and you lodge it directly with the Fair Work Commission (we’ll give you easy-to-follow instructions on how to do this). They will then contact you to set up a conciliation meeting with your former employer. The majority of claims to Fair Work are settled at this phase.
What you get
Our Online Unfair Dismissal Lawyer is a fast, easy-to-use online application to help determine whether you may have a claim for unfair dismissal, and one that we can help you with.
Following a series of online questions, should you choose to contine with the full service:
- A Slater and Gordon lawyer will review your situation
- You'll have a complimentary 30-minute telephone consultation with and employment lawyer
- We'll finalise your claim form to submit with the Fair Work Commission
- You'll receive easy-to-follow instructions on how to lodge your claim with the Fair Work Commission
Why use Slater and Gordon's online service?
- Our years of experience in dealing with employment law, and our knowledge of the Fair Work Act, means that we can help you avoid traps and pitfalls in putting your claim together.
- We can help understand your circumstances, and make sure the claim is clear, accurate and comprehensive. That doesn't guarantee success, of course, but it does mean we can help you put your best foot forward.
- Paying to lodge a claim that doesn't have a reasonable prospect of success will cost you time and money. We can often help figure out what kinds of claims aren't worth proceeding with (for example, because a time limit may have passed, or because your former employer is exempt), and therefore save you the time, cost and hassle of making a claim that won't succeed.