What is professional negligence?
Professional negligence occurs when professionals whose work falls below the standard required by the law, may cause serious repercussions for their clients and can lead to clients suffering significant financial losses.
People who seek advice from a professional advisor have a right to be advised with care & expertise, and their affairs should be properly managed. If you have lost money as a result of poor financial advice, you may be entitled to compensation through a professional negligence claim.
We're here to help. Simply get in touch online or call us to arrange a consultation.
What we can do for you
You may be able to obtain compensation for any losses directly resulting from bad advice or mismanagement of your affairs.
Our professional negligence lawyers have many years of experience in disputes of this nature. We advise clients who have suffered from:
- Inappropriate financial advice
- Misleading or deceptive professional advice
- Engineering mistakes
- Accountant error
- Solicitor negligence
- Incorrect property valuations
In many cases like these, the failure of a long-term investment can affect your short term finances. If you need it, we can often arrange litigation funding or litigation insurance.
By working with us
Our experienced professional negligence lawyers can:
- Explore avenues for compensation for poor financial advice
- Investigate whether duty of care has been breached and if a claim can be made
- Find the best course of action to manage risk and maximise return
- Offer flexible litigation funding options
For commercial disputes, Slater and Gordon generally does not act on a no win, no fee basis and a fee may be charged for the initial consultation.