Please select your location to view information that is specific to you.
What is professional negligence?
Professional negligence occurs when professionals whose work falls below the standard required by the law, may cause serious repercussions for their clients and can lead to clients suffering significant financial losses.
People who seek advice from a professional advisor have a right to be advised with care & expertise, and their affairs should be properly managed. If you have lost money as a result of poor financial advice, you may be entitled to compensation through a professional negligence claim.
You may be able to obtain compensation for any losses directly resulting from bad advice or mismanagement of your affairs.
What we can do for you
Our professional negligence lawyers have many years of experience in disputes of this nature. We advise clients who have suffered:
- Inappropriate financial advice;
- Misleading or deceptive professional advice;
- Engineering mistakes;
- Accountant error;
- Solicitor negligence;
- Incorrect property valuations
In many cases like this, the failure of a long-term investment can affect your short term finances. If you need it, we can often arrange litigation funding or litigation insurance.
By working with us
Our experienced professional negligence lawyers can:
- explore avenues for compensation for poor financial advice
- investigate whether duty of care has been breached and if a claim can be made
- find the best course of action to manage risk and maximise return
- offer flexible litigation funding options