Please select your location to view information that is specific to you.
Insolvency and Reconstruction
Economic conditions are constantly changing and becoming more challenging. As a result, an increasing number of businesses are faced with financial difficulties.
Our highly experienced insolvency and reconstruction lawyers have the expertise and business insight to provide you with timely advice or to take action for you if the survival of a business you are involved in is threatened.
We don’t act for banks or other lenders, so we are independent and free from potential conflicts.
By working with us:
Our team will:
- listen to your concerns
- identify the issues and provide clear advice
- with our unparalleled office network throughout Australia we can apply resources when and where they are needed.
Our insolvency and reconstruction lawyers are well connected within the IRTM industry. Our IRTM group practices in all aspects of insolvency, reconstruction and turnaround management, offering services to:
- Directors and officers
- Debtors and creditors
- Insolvency practitioners including administrators, liquidators, receivers and trustees in bankruptcy
Our strong relationships with litigation funders mean that we can also offer access to a range of innovative and flexible litigation funding solutions, which may suit your matter and circumstances.
- Asset protection structuring
- Advice on solvency issues and their risks and consequences
- Turnaround management and business restructuring Corporate insolvency including voluntary administration, deeds of company arrangement, liquidation and receivership
- Public examinations, preference recovery actions and insolvent trading claims
- Director duties and other company law issues associated with insolvency,
- Personal insolvency agreements under Part X of the Bankruptcy Act
Our team leaders have acted for clients in some of the most high profile insolvencies over recent years, including Gunns, Pyramid, Hazelton Airlines (part of the Ansett Group), Opes Prime and Primebroker Securities.
- We agreed to act No Win No Fee* for the liquidators of a company. We conducted public examinations of the directors and subsequently issued proceedings against them and their “Phoenix” company. The matter was resolved at mediation by the defendants agreeing to pay a confidential settlement sum.
- We acted for the liquidator of a company who had received funding from the major creditors to conduct public examinations. By conducting the public examinations, the liquidator was able to obtain a clearer picture of what had occurred. In particular, they were able to form a view on potential causes of action against those involved in any wrongdoing. Thereafter, recovery proceedings were successfully undertaken. Read more