Building and Construction Disputes
If a building or construction dispute is impacting your life - whether you are a home owner; builder, sub-contractor or developer - it can be very costly and stressful.
An unresolved building dispute can delay your project and result in massive cost overruns.
If you are left to deal with the consequences of defective building work or incomplete building works, you should be able to take action to make the responsible party rectify those defects, complete construction and/or pay compensation.
By working with us
Our experienced lawyers can:
- Explore avenues for timely resolution of your dispute;
- Investigate whether a breach of building contract and/or professional negligence claim can be made and, if so, against whom;
- Find the right expert witness to provide technical expertise on your options , and
- Explore flexible litigation funding options
We can advise you with:
- Domestic and commercial building disputes including defects and incomplete works;
- Multi-unit buildings acting for strata and body corporate managers;
- Obtaining regulatory approvals for building works from Regulatory Authorities, Local Governments or Community Title / Strata Schemes;
- Adjoining works issues;
- Contractor disputes with security of payment legislation claims;
- Builders disciplinary matters;
Our building and construction dispute lawyers have many years of experience in building and construction disputes.
- We have considerable experience acting for Victorian owners with homes built on waffle slabs and now impacted by slab heave – see more information here
- Insurance dispute regarding denial of claims by builders warranty insurers – see more information here
Strict time limits apply to building and construction dispute claims.
If you believe you are entitled to some form of relief including compensation against your builder or engineer due to defective building work or incomplete building works, we recommend you seek independent advice as soon as possible.
Contact us today by completing the form below.