We’ve noticed that you’re using an unsupported browser,
which may result in pages displaying incorrectly.

For a better viewing experience, we recommend upgrading to the latest browser version of:

Skip to main content
You're viewing content for QLD. Change QLD
Call No Win. No Fee.* Call 1800 555 777
1800 555 777
You're viewing content for QLD. Change QLD

Let Us Call You


WorkCover Claims

Contact us

Making a WorkCover Claim

If you have been hurt at work or you suffer from an injury or disease you think might be related to your work, then you may be entitled to claim WorkCover compensation.

To make a WorkCover Claim, follow these steps below:

  1. See your doctor for treatment and give them details about how you were injured.
  2. Report the injury to your employer. This must be done in writing within 30 days of becoming aware of the injury.
    You can report the injury by making an entry in the accident book or the register of injuries at your workplace. By law, every employer must have an injury book. As an alternative you can report the injury by lodging a claim for compensation with your employer.
    Caution: If you do not notify your employer in writing within 30 days of becoming aware of the injury, then your claim may be rejected.
  3. If you do not need to take any time off but you want WorkCover to pay for the medical expenses you incur because of the injury, you should lodge a WorkCover claim form attaching any accounts/invoices relating to your medical treatment with your employer.
    If you need to take time off work because of your injury, the WorkCover claim form must be accompanied by a certificate of capacity completed by your doctor. The claim and certificate must be lodged as soon as possible.
  4. Once you have lodged the WorkCover claim with your employer, the employer has 10 days to forward the documents on to their WorkCover claims agent.
    Where do I get a WorkCover claim form?
    ​- Post office
    - ​Your doctor
    - WorkCover Authority
  5. The WorkCover claims agent then has a further 28 days to advise you whether or not your claim has been accepted.
  6. If your claim is rejected, or if you haven’t received any response to your claim, you should call Slater and Gordon to discuss the matter within 60 days.
Get in touch

To find out if you are eligible for compensation, please contact us via the form on this page or by calling us.