Total and Permanent Disability, or TPD as it’s often known, allows for an individual to make a claim through their superannuation and/or insurance policy – if they find themselves unable to work due to injury or illness. There’s every chance your policies may contain TPD, you may simply not be aware of it.
How does it benefit me?
Entitlements can include a lump sum payment, or ongoing benefits. You may also be eligible for financial assistance if you independently purchased income protection, sickness or accident insurance.
The best way to know is to talk with experts in the field, and that’s where we come in.
What do I need to do?
- Contact us and we can check over your policies free of charge.
- You can also check your super statement. Total and Permanent Disability Insurance should be listed with your death benefits.
Why do I need Slater and Gordon?
Claims for superannuation, disability insurance and death benefits can be complex, and confusing. A lot of it will depend on the wording of your trust deed or insurance policy and the medical evidence available about your condition.
Our QLD lawyers can make sure your claim is assessed fairly and reasonably and that all parties work towards the best outcome for the most important beneficiary.
Your job is to concentrate on feeling better. Our job is to offer you peace of mind.
Who manages my claim?
You will have an experienced, dedicated lawyer working specifically on your claim. It’s their job to keep you informed during the process and to work to the best of their ability to get you the best possible result.
Remember it doesn’t matter how your illness or injury came about. If it stops you from working, you may have Total and Permanent Disability Insurance.
Below are some questions to consider which may assist you with determining whether you may have a claim.
- Were you working for an employer who was paying compulsory superannuation?
- Have you been unable to work for that employer for six consecutive months due to illness or injury?
- Have you entered into a private contract of insurance for income protection and disability insurance?
- Has a person you are dependent on (such as your partner or a parent) died and you wish to claim death benefits from their superannuation fund or private insurer?
- Are you under 67 years of age (depending on your policy).
You’ve probably heard how stressful it can be when legal costs blow out. That’s why we’ve created a Fixed Fee service for superannuation and insurance claims.
Here’s how it works:
- We will discuss your situation with you in detail.
- We will make enquiries with your super fund/insurer. This is obligation-free.
- We will prepare a fixed fee proposal that sets out the stages of work required and our fee structure for you to review and agree to.
- We will then prepare a contract detailing how your claim will be managed and, after you agree to the terms and the contract is signed, will move forward with working on your claim.