We’ve noticed that you’re using an unsupported browser,
which may result in pages displaying incorrectly.

For a better viewing experience, we recommend upgrading to the latest browser version of:

Skip to main content
You're viewing content for QLD. Change QLD
Call No Win. No Fee.* Call 1800 555 777
1800 555 777
You're viewing content for QLD. Change QLD

Let Us Call You


Can I Make a Public Liability Claim?

Contact us

If you can show that your injury is of sufficient seriousness you may be able to claim compensation for your pain and suffering. You can be compensated for a physical injury, psychological injury or for both. Slater and Gordon's expert lawyers can assist with obtaining compensation.

As soon as possible after your accident occurs it is important for you to begin to collect evidence for your injury claim / accident claim  Witness details and, if possible, photographs of where the accident occurred are vital.

As your expert personal injury lawyers, we also gather evidence on your behalf - including medical material and details of any earnings lost, engage experts and assess your future needs. We communicate and negotiate with the other party and will look after all aspect of your claim to ensure you receive the best possible result.

If you have been involved in an accident, it is important that you begin gathering evidence straight away. 

  • Take photographs of the accident location (both before and after any repairs)
  • Take photographs of your injury
  • Obtain the contact details of for any witnesses
  • Consult a doctor about your injury
  • Keep copies of medical records relating to your injury
  • Keep x-rays and scans of your injury
  • Keep copies of any correspondence between yourself and the other party
  • Keep a record of your out of pocket expenses and receipts

What am I entitled to?

If you have suffered because of another person's negligence you may be entitled to compensation that can help you and your family through difficult times. 

The compensation you receive could cover you for:

  • Past and future medical expenses
  • past and future loss of income
  • damages for pain, suffering, emotional distress and loss of enjoyment of life
  • personal, domestic or nursing assistance provided by agencies or sometimes without charge by family or friends
  • miscellaneous out of pocket expenses, including home modifications

Making an additional claim

Superannuation and Total Permanent Disability (TPD) Claims

If you have superannuation and sustain an injury, you may be able to access a lump sum payment through your policy. Many people are unaware that their superannuation policy provides additional benefits. An experienced superannuation and insurance lawyer will assist you in identifying whether such benefits exist in your policy and submit an application on your behalf. If your application is rejected, your lawyer will advise you of the process for challenging the decision. 

In addition, you may have a personal insurance policy, such as life insurance, income protection insurance, sickness and accident insurance, which may include provisions for compensation should you be injured in an accident.  

These benefits may be available in addition to other forms of compensation and benefits. You should seek legal advice from a Slater and Gordon lawyer in our superannuation and insurance department regarding your entitlement to claim compensation.

Make an enquiry

If you have a question, want some more information or would just like to speak to someone, make an enquiry now and we’ll be in touch with you very soon.

Enquire now