Tips After You Have Been In A Car Crash
Being involved in a car crash can be a frightening experience. In the event of an accident, follow these steps to ensure you stay safe & get all the information you need for follow up actions. To
At the scene, if possible:
- If anyone is injured, call the police and/or ambulance.
- Swap personal details with the other parties including name, address, telephone number, drivers licence number, registration number and insurance details.
- Record the accident circumstances including location, date and time and take photographs if possible.
- Ask witnesses for contact details including name, address and telephone number.
After the accident:
- If you are injured, you should seek legal advice as soon as possible.
- Return to the scene so you can take photographs, noting the location, names of streets and other important details which may have contributed to the accident.
- Take photographs of your damaged bike and equipment from various angles.
- Do not immediately repair your bike or destroyed and damaged equipment (such as your helmet or clothing) until your matter has been resolved. If you are injured, and have spoken with a lawyer, these items may be required as evidence in your case.
- Keep receipts of all relevant expenses including medical bills and invoices for repairs.
- If another party is at fault, obtain quotes for replacement or repair of your bike or equipment. You may forward these to the other party and/or their insurer for reimbursement. If you are unsuccessful in getting reimbursed then you may need to seek legal advice.