We’ve noticed that you’re using an unsupported browser,
which may result in pages displaying incorrectly.

For a better viewing experience, we recommend upgrading to the latest browser version of:

Skip to main content
You're viewing content for QLD. Change QLD
Call No Win. No Fee.* Call 1800 555 777
1800 555 777
You're viewing content for QLD. Change QLD

Let Us Call You


What to do if involved in a road accident

Contact us

Tips After You Have Been In A Car Crash

Being involved in a car crash can be a frightening experience. In the event of a motor vehicle accident, follow these steps to ensure you stay safe & get all the information you need for follow up actions. To

Start your claim now

At the scene, if possible: 

  • If anyone is injured, call the police and/or ambulance.
  • Swap personal details with the other parties including name, address, telephone number, drivers licence number, registration number and insurance details.
  • Record the accident circumstances including location, date and time and take photographs if possible.
  • Ask witnesses for contact details including name, address and telephone number.

After the accident:

  • If you are injured, you should seek legal advice as soon as possible.
  • Return to the scene so you can take photographs, noting the location, names of streets and other important details which may have contributed to the accident.
  • Take photographs of your damaged bike and equipment from various angles.
  • Do not immediately repair your bike or destroyed and damaged equipment (such as your helmet or clothing) until your matter has been resolved. If you are injured, and have spoken with a lawyer, these items may be required as evidence in your case.
  • Keep receipts of all relevant expenses including medical bills and invoices for repairs.
  • If another party is at fault, obtain quotes for replacement or repair of your bike or equipment. You may forward these to the other party and/or their insurer for reimbursement. If you are unsuccessful in getting reimbursed then you may need to seek legal advice.