We’ve noticed that you’re using an unsupported browser,
which may result in pages displaying incorrectly.

For a better viewing experience, we recommend upgrading to the latest browser version of:

Skip to main content
You're viewing content for QLD. Change QLD
Call No Win. No Fee.* Call 1800 555 777
1800 555 777
You're viewing content for QLD. Change QLD

Let Us Call You


Motor Vehicle + Car Accident Claims

Contact us

Claiming for compensation after a motor vehicle accident in WA?

If you have been injured as a result of a motor vehicle accident, you may be entitled to compensation.

Compensation is generally paid by an insurance company or agency that manage these types of claims. These companies or agencies often seek advice from their own lawyers as to whether they should accept a claim, how they manage the claim and the amount of compensation to be paid.

If you are involved in a motor vehicle accident in Western Australia, it is critical that you obtain advice from your own lawyer to ensure that you are aware of all the benefits available to you. 

One of our experienced motor vehicle and car accident lawyers will be able to advise you of your chances of obtaining compensation.

By working with us:

  • You’ll know if your entitlement has correctly been assessed
  • You’ll be able to dispute the decision 
  • You’ll know what evidence you need and how to go about getting it
  • We’ll seek the best possible result, whatever the challenge

We can help you lodge a motor vehicle claim and explore all avenues to help you achieve the best outcome possible.

Our team has decades of combined experience in assisting those who have been injured in transport or motor vehicle accidents. We listen and understand the importance of your concerns.

The depth of our experience means that we are able to draw on the knowledge of our people and work towards the best possible outcome for you.

How will I pay for the legal fees?

Slater and Gordon pioneered the No Win - No Fee* scheme. This means you do not pay for professional fees unless your case is successful. 

 The scheme is designed to help those whose financial circumstances might otherwise deny them access to legal representation. You will receive a document setting out the details of the scheme after your first appointment. We are not retained as your lawyers until the document is signed and return to us.

*Conditions apply

Making an additional claim

If you have superannuation and sustain an injury, you may be able to access a lump sum payment through your policy. An experienced superannuation and insurance lawyer will assist you in identifying whether such benefits exist in your policy and can submit an application on your behalf. 

In addition, you may have a personal insurance policy, such as life insurance, income protection insurance, sickness and accident insurance, which may include provisions for compensation should you be injured in an accident.  

These benefits may be available in addition to other forms of compensation and benefits. 

Additional lump sum benefit

Many superannuation funds provide coverage for a disability insurance benefit, often referred to as a Total Permanent Disability (TPD) benefit. This insurance cover, if provided under your superannuation, is a benefit additional to the contributions that you and/or your employer have made to your superannuation fund during the period of your membership. 

Time limits

Please note, in most cases strict time limits apply. It’s important to speak with us for independent legal advice at the earliest opportunity after your injury to make sure your interests and rights are protected. 

You should seek legal advice from a Slater and Gordon lawyer in our superannuation and insurance department regarding your entitlement to claim compensation.

Make an enquiry

If you have a question, want some more information or would just like to speak to someone, make an enquiry now and we’ll be in touch with you very soon.

Enquire now