We’ve noticed that you’re using an unsupported browser,
which may result in pages displaying incorrectly.

For a better viewing experience, we recommend upgrading to the latest browser version of:

Skip to main content
You're viewing content for QLD. Change QLD
Call No Win. No Fee.* Call 1800 555 777
1800 555 777
You're viewing content for QLD. Change QLD

Let Us Call You

Contact us

A TAC claim can be made with the TAC for a person injured in a transport accident (including cars, motorcycles, trains, trams, buses and in some cases bicycles).

If you have been injured on our roads you may be entitled to several types of benefits that can help you and your family through this difficult time.

You may claim for multiple benefits depending on the level of your injuries and the nature of the accident. Our expert TAC lawyers can help you with this.

4 Steps to making a TAC claim

To make a claim you should:

  • 1. See your doctor and report the accident
    1. See your doctor for treatment
      Provide your doctor with details about how you were injured. Ensure that you report all injuries, no matter how minor they may seem. Ask your doctor to complete a TAC medical certificate detailing all your injuries, any incapacity you have for work and any treatment or services you may require as a result of your injuries.
    2. Report the accident to Police
      If you were injured on a train or tram you should report the accident to the train or tram company.
  • 2. Make a claim with the TAC
    1. Call the TAC on 1300 654 329 to make a claim
      The TAC will ask you for details regarding the accident and will then send a claim form to you. You will need to check and complete the form and return it to the TAC with a copy of your medical certificate. Caution: If you do not lodge your completed claim form with the TAC within 12 months of the accident, your claim may be rejected.

    2. The TAC then has 21 days to accept your claim or ask for more information
      If your TAC claim is not accepted within this time, you should contact Slater and Gordon to obtain legal advice without delay.
  • 3. "No Fault" benefit entitlements
    1. You may be entitled to a range of "No Fault" benefits
      Once your claim is accepted you may be entitled to a range of “No Fault” benefits. These are available no matter who was at fault and can include: medical and rehabilitation expenses, wage support, and a lump sum for permanent injuries.

      These benefits may be payable in addition to other entitlements available through industry funds such as the TAC Top-Up payment through Incolink.
    2. Claiming your benefits
      If you were hospitalised for 1 day or more, you can begin claiming reasonable and related medical expenses as soon as your claim is accepted.

      If you were not hospitalised as a result of the accident, an initial medical excess of $584 applies per family. You will need to show that you, Medicare or your private health fund have paid for at least $584 of non-hospital accident related treatment before you can begin claiming the ongoing cost of medical treatment from the TAC.
  • 4. Further compensation entitlements
    1. You may be entitled to further compensation
      If the accident was not your fault and you have suffered a permanent injury you may also be entitled to further compensation from the TAC for pain and suffering and loss of income.
    2. Seek legal advice to maximise your entitlements
      If you do not fully recover from your injuries despite having treatment, it is important to seek legal advice from Slater and Gordon to make sure that you maximise your entitlements.

Make an enquiry

If you have a question, want some more information or would just like to speak to someone, make an enquiry now and we’ll be in touch with you very soon.

Enquire now