We’ve noticed that you’re using an unsupported browser,
which may result in pages displaying incorrectly.

For a better viewing experience, we recommend upgrading to the latest browser version of:

Skip to main content
Are you in QLD?

Please select your location to view information that is specific to you.

Call Call 1800 555 777
1800 555 777
or let us call you

Let Us Call You


Traffic Accident Claims, QLD

Contact us

Claiming for compensation after a motor vehicle accident in Queensland?

Compensation is generally paid by an insurance company or agency that manage these types of claims. These companies or agencies often seek advice from their own lawyers as to whether they should;

  • accept a claim,
  • the strategy for managing the claim, and
  • the amount of compensation to be paid.

The insurance company/agency cannot provide you with independent advice.

If you are involved in a motor vehicle accident in Queensland, it is critical that you obtain advice from a lawyer to ensure that you are aware of all the benefits available to you. One of our experienced lawyers will be able to advise you of your chances of obtaining compensation.

How will I pay for the legal fees?

Slater and Gordon's No Win - No Fee* scheme is generally available for transport accident claims. This means you do not pay for professional fees unless your case is successful.

The scheme is designed to help those whose financial circumstances might otherwise deny them access to legal representation.

You will receive a document setting out the details of the scheme after your first appointment. We are not retained as your lawyers until the document is signed and return to us.

*conditions apply

We're here to help

To find out if you are eligible for compensation, please contact us either by submitting an online enquiry via the form on this page or by calling us.

Making an additional claim

If you have superannuation and sustain an injury, you may be able to access a lump sum payment through your policy. An experienced superannuation and insurance lawyer will assist you in identifying whether such benefits exist in your policy and submit an application on your behalf.  

In addition, you may have a personal insurance policy, such as life insurance, income protection insurance, sickness and accident insurance, which may include provisions for compensation should you be injured in an accident.  

Additional lump sum benefit

Many superannuation funds provide coverage for a disability insurance benefit, often referred to as a Total Permanent Disability (TPD) benefit. This insurance cover, if provided under your superannuation, is a benefit additional to the contributions that you and/or your employer have made to your superannuation fund during the period of your membership. 

Whether you can make a claim for a superannuation disability benefit will depend on a number of factors - particularly, whether this insurance cover is provided under your superannuation.

Make an enquiry

If you have a question, want some more information or would just like to speak to someone, make an enquiry now and we’ll be in touch with you very soon.

Enquire now

5 Minute Legal Check

Do you have an entitlement to claim compensation through a superannuation or insurance policy?

Find out now