We’ve noticed that you’re using an unsupported browser,
which may result in pages displaying incorrectly.

For a better viewing experience, we recommend upgrading to the latest browser version of:

Skip to main content
You're viewing content for QLD. Change QLD
Call No Win. No Fee.* Call 1800 555 777
1800 555 777
You're viewing content for QLD. Change QLD

Let Us Call You


Public Transport Accident Claims

Contact us

Have you been injured while using public transport?

Every day we are seeing an increase in the number of people using public transport. As a result of this growing congestion, more and more people are being injured whilst using public transport.

Many people injured from public transport accidents are not aware of their legal rights to receive compensation.

Who is entitled to make a claim?

Anyone who has sustained an injury while on public transport should lodge a public transport accident claim with the Transport Accident Commission (TAC). The injuries sustained do not need to be major or permanent to entitle someone to have their medical expenses and/or loss of wages covered.

It is also possible to receive lump-sum compensation in some cases and you should discuss this with a lawyer.

What to do if injured on public transport?

If you are injured on public transport, you are advised to take the following steps:

At the scene, if possible:

  • Report the incident to the public transport operator responsible for the service
  • Obtain details of any witnesses.

After the accident:

  • Seek appropriate medical treatment
  • Report the accident to the police and public transport operator if this was not done at the scene
  • Phone the TAC on 1300 654 329 to report the accident and the injuries you suffered. You will then be sent a claim form which must be completed, signed and returned to the TAC within 12 months of the accident
  • Seek expert legal advice on your entitlement to medical expenses, loss of wages and lump sum public transport accident compensation

Make an enquiry

We're experts in dealing with public transport accident claims. Make an enquiry now and we'll get in touch with you.

Enquire now