Please select your location to view information that is specific to you.
This recruitment privacy statement only covers information that Slater and Gordon Lawyers collects as part of its recruitment process. If you provide personal information in another context (such as a consumer of Slater and Gordon legal services), please refer to our general Privacy Collection Statement for more information about how Slater and Gordon deals with your personal information.
Slater and Gordon Ltd ("Slater and Gordon") is committed to protecting your privacy. Slater and Gordon is bound by the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) ("Privacy Act"), which sets out a number of principles concerning the protection of your personal information.
Set out below is information that Slater and Gordon is required to communicate to individuals in connection with applications for employment with Slater and Gordon (“Candidates”). This statement may be amended by us from time to time. This statement operates in conjunction with the Privacy Act and other relevant laws.
Slater and Gordon
Slater and Gordon provides legal services in various areas of law including compensation law, family law, commercial law, business advisory and personal legal services.
Your personal information
This statement relates to Candidates’ personal information collected by any means for the purpose of Slater and Gordon recruitment processes.
If this information is not provided, Slater and Gordon will, or may, be unable to progress a Candidate’s application for employment or to consider a Candidate for future employment opportunities.
Generally, the personal information collected may include the information placed in a job application or resume, for example, the Candidate’s name, mailing address, telephone number, e-mail address, career history, criminal history, eligibility to work in Australia, educational qualifications, written references, details of any competency tests and/or other career-related information.
All information collected will be used and disclosed by Slater and Gordon only as outlined in this document. Slater and Gordon takes reasonable steps to ensure that Candidates’ personal information is held securely.
How we collect personal information
It is Slater and Gordon usual practice to collect personal information about Candidates:
- directly from Candidates, for example where a Candidate provides information by applying to a printed or online job advertisement or by submitting information through the Slater and Gordon website; and/or
- where relevant and with the Candidate’s consent, through a third party Recruitment service provider; and/or
- from third parties, with a Candidate’s consent. For example, Slater and Gordon may seek to collect information about Candidate’s;
- prior employment history, by way of reference checks;
- eligibility to work in Australia, by way of a visa status check; and/or
- educational qualifications, by way of requesting confirmation of qualifications or results from an academic institution.
If Slater and Gordon does not have a Candidate’s prior consent for the collection of information from a third party, Slater and Gordon will take reasonable steps to inform the Candidate that it has collected personal information from a third party and safely destroy the information if requested to do so.
How we use your personal information
Candidates’ personal information may be used in order to:
- assess the Candidate’s application (or an application submitted on the Candidate’s behalf by a Recruitment service provider) for advertised positions;
- invite Candidates to apply for future positions of interest with Slater and Gordon and/or its Subsidiary Companies; and
- conduct statistical reporting and analysis in relation to recruitment for Slater and Gordon and its Subsidiary Companies’.
Unless authorised by the Privacy Act, Candidates’ personal information will not be used for any other purpose without a Candidate’s consent.
When we may disclose your personal information
Slater and Gordon may disclose your personal information to its Subsidiary Companies for the purposes of:
- enabling Subsidiary Companies to consider you, and contact you in relation to, future positions of interest within Slater and Gordon and/or its Subsidiary Companies; and
- statistical reporting and analysis in relation to recruitment for Subsidiary Companies.
Slater and Gordon and its Subsidiary Companies may need to disclose Candidates’ personal information to organisations outside Slater and Gordon, including outside of Australia, for the purposes described above.
Unless authorised by the Privacy Act or another law, Candidates’ personal information will not be otherwise disclosed for any other purpose without a Candidate’s consent.
Help us to ensure we hold accurate information
Slater and Gordon will endeavour at all times to maintain an accurate record of each Candidate’s personal information.
To assist us in this regard and help maximise opportunities with Slater and Gordon, it is important that Candidates ensure that all personal information they have provided is accurate and up to date and notify Slater and Gordon of changes where appropriate.
Candidates can access their personal information
Candidates may request access to information that Slater and Gordon holds about them by contacting the Recruitment Manager at email@example.com. If the information is incorrect, Candidates may request that Slater and Gordon amend our records by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org. and Slater and Gordon will take reasonable steps to do so.
How to contact us
If you have any questions in relation to this Privacy Statement, please contact email@example.com.
If you wish to make a Privacy Complaint
If you wish to make a Privacy Complaint, you may contact the Slater and Gordon Privacy Officer on +61 3 9602 6918 or at firstname.lastname@example.org. See full details of our Privacy Complaints Handling Policy.