Languages and Online Enquiries:
For over 76 years, Slater & Gordon’s lawyers have been helping many people from non-English speaking backgrounds with their legal needs. Slater & Gordon have more than 1000 staff in over 70 locations across Australia and our people have expertise in all areas of law. We are committed to helping you and your family and our extensive legal experience will make sure you get the right legal advice, when you need it, in your language.
Our Multilingual Helpline 1800 659 905
The Slater & Gordon Multilingual Legal Helpline will give you and your family access to legal information in your language. To access the service, simply phone 1800 659 905.
We have trained legal consultants who speak several different languages and are experienced in helping you discuss your case. If a consultant is unavailable to speak with you in your language when you call, they will call you back, as soon as they become available or they will access a phone interpreter to assist with the call.
Our consultants will ask for details of your problem and may then arrange for you to contact one of our legal staff who is best able to assist you. If we are unable to help you, we will provide you with details of someone who can.
The first meeting with your lawyer is free for some compensation cases or if your referral is through one of our recognised partners. Most appointments are held at a Slater & Gordon office, however we can arrange for a lawyer to meet with you elsewhere if necessary.
Why you could need legal advice
If you or a family member have been:
- involved in an incident and cannot work or do the work the way you used to be able to
- involved in a traffic incident
- diagnosed with an asbestos condition or a similar condition
- involved in an incident outside your home or your workplace caused by someone else's negligence
- If you are involved in an incident and unable to work you may be able to claim a lump sum payment from your superannuation fund
- If you are separating from your husband, wife or partner and want to divorce
- If you want to make sure that you or an elderly relative can protect their wealth when they need to go to a nursing home
- If you or your family need to make a Will
- To prepare legal contracts when you are buying or selling a house or property
- To prepare legal contracts when you set up your own business or for any other business legal matter
What will it cost?
Slater & Gordon is committed to providing affordable legal advice and offers a number of different pricing arrangements.
Slater & Gordon offer No Win - No Fee arrangements for all areas of compensation law including asbestos law, workplace compensation, transport incidents and medical law. This means you do not pay legal fees as your claim progresses; you only pay legal fees if you win your case and disbursements.
Legal work like Wills, Family law and conveyancing is done on a fixed fee basis, which means you pay one rate. This will be discussed with you prior to a lawyer starting work on your case.
Legal work like business matters are done on an hourly rate, based on the time your lawyer spends on the work. This arrangement and an estimate of your total legal fees will be discussed with you during your first appointment.
Find out more about We Speak Your Language
To see footage taken from the night of the Slater & Gordon "We Speak Your language' Multicultural Launch, please click below: