Ersel Akpinar represents corporate clients and individuals in a wide range of commercial litigation matters involving contractual and general commercial disputes, debt recovery and bankruptcy, including appearances in the Local, District, Supreme and Federal courts. In the area of criminal law, Ersel represents individuals under investigation or charged with summary and serious indictable offences.
Ersel also represents clients required to appear before investigative commissions and tribunals including the Independent Commission Against Corruption.
- Commercial & Project Litigation
- Criminal Law
- since 2010 Slater & Gordon (lawyer)
- 2008 -2010 Slater & Gordon (law clerk)
- 2008-2008 Blessington Judd Lawyers (law clerk)
- 2004-2007 Milton’s Lawyers (law clerk)
- 2000-2004 Baker & McKenzie Solicitors (law clerk)
Professional qualifications & admissions
- 2010 Admitted Supreme Court of New South Wales
- 2010 Admitted High Court of Australia
- 2010 Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice, College of Law, NSW
- 2010 Bachelor of Laws, University of New England
- 1999 Bachelor of Business, University of Western Sydney
Memberships & associations
- Law Society of New South Wales
- University of New England Alumni
- December 2010 “Comparison advertising that works: Facts v Fiction” (Slater & Gordon Business eNews)
Ersel’s parents arrived in Australia from Turkey in the early 1970s. Ersel speaks, reads and writes fluently in Turkish and has strong ties to the Australian-Turkish community. He regularly attends events held by the Turkish Consulate-General and other professionals within the Australian-Turkish community.