The breakdown of a relationship or marriage can be stressful and traumatic for everyone involved. If you decide to separate, you and your partner will need to make a variety of decisions about your children and property.
The Family Law team at Slater & Gordon can help. Our team of experienced family lawyers can give you comprehensive advice about your legal rights, entitlements and obligations, and the different options available to settle any matters of which you and your partner may disagree.
Slater & Gordon’s Family Law group are committed to giving you sensible, practical and realistic advice.
Our approach to family law is to encourage settlements, not arguments. We aim to provide value for our clients and our focus is on achieving the best results promptly and cost-effectively.
Our family lawyers can help with negotiations and, if necessary, court proceedings for such family law issues as:
- Parenting matters: who your children will live and spend time with
- Property and financial matters, and settlements for married, de facto and same sex couples
- Spousal maintenance
- Financial Agreements (including pre-nuptial agreements)
- Child support (including paternity testing)
- Child abduction within Australia and overseas
- Intervention orders
For more information and family law resources, please click here.